Often I get asked what is my favorite Walt Disney World Resort and I have to say I have many. But the one resort that we continue to visit time and time again would have to be Port Orleans Riverside Resort. This resort will take you back into the Deep South and reminds me a lot of what it’s like to live in the south! Think of Steel Magnolias if you’d like!
We first tried this resort when I decided to run the 2015 Princess Half Marathon and it became a hit with just my husband and I. Then we returned that September to Port Orleans Riverside but in a Garden View and not the Royal Guest Room. I’m so glad we got to experience that side of the resort as well. Don’t let this resort fool you in thinking that it’s just a regular resort…this has a amazing feel and the rooms are just perfect for everyone! Here is a little more information on the resort:
- Most Rooms can accommodate up to 4 guest plus 1 child under the age of 3 in a crib.
- All rooms have 2 queen-sized beds or 1 king-sized bed.
- Up to 5 Guests, including 1 child (ages 3-9) in a fold-down bed can be accommodated in the Alligator Bayou rooms.
- There are 512 Royal Guest Rooms at the Resort but can only accommodate 4 guests!
- Guests can enjoy the pool at Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter!
- Bike Rentals at Riverside so get your workout in while having fun!
- Children’s pools and whirlpool spas at each resort hotel, fishing, campfire, arcade & recreation activites including Disney movies under the stars!
- There is a casual dining location at Port Orleans Riverside called Boatwrights Dining Hall.
- Quick Service Dining is available at both resorts too.
There is so much to offer at Port Orleans Riverside! If you are interested in staying at this resort or any of the other resorts at Walt Disney World please send me an email today at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!