If you have children, you know the importance of having everything in your bag is the truth. As many times as I have traveled to Walt Disney World and other parks, I have a certain bag I always carry into the parks with me. I chose that bag because of the pattern of course, but also because it’s comfortable and can carry a lot in the bag. For years I carried my L.L. Bean Backpack but then I found my current Disney Bag while on vacation in 2011!
Here is a list of some important things to carry in your bag when you visit a Disney Park!
- Sunscreen– I always carry a bottle with me or a can of the spray sunscreen and also carry with us the face sunscreen for Olivia because it’s less tears when it’s time to reapply. Plus we can do while standing in line for a ride.
- Portable Battery Charger – I do recommend this for sure! I first took mine back in 2014 and then misplaced it and couldn’t find it until I came back from my recent trip in January. If you don’t have one, there are various phone charging stations throughout each park that you can use. Also bring your phone cord and cube so that if you are eating you can plug in too.
- Extra Set of Clothes for Kids– I always pack in a gallon size ziploc bag an extra set of clothes for Olivia. That includes clean underwear as well because you never know when you will need them. Then if they do get dirty you can put the dirty clothes in the same bag that the clean clothes were in.
- Ponchos – You don’t have to get the ponchos from the parks or resorts, but getting any kind of poncho will do. We found several at our local Dollar General Store, Big Lots and even the Walmart near Disney for a very decent price. The one thing that I love about the Disney Park Ponchos is that if you end up ripping it while on your trip, they will replace it.
- Camera & Batteries – Make sure to charge up the camera and extra batteries before you go into the parks. I always make sure I have at least 1 extra battery for my good camera fully charged in case one dies.
- Sunglasses & Hats – I always make sure that I have my sunglasses with me and I always pack a hat for each person who goes so that we can use them in the afternoons.
- Water Bottles – I have a Camelbak that I use while I go to the parks. I can fill them up at a restaurant or go to a restaurant and ask for a free cup of water and fill it up that way. I have one for every person in the family.
- Extra Ziploc Bags – Bring with you enough ziploc bags I recommend Gallon Size ones so you can put your keys, and personal items into them if you go on a water ride such as Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. I put my big DSLR into two of them and the accessories too.
- ID, Cash & Credit Cards – If you are staying in a Disney Resort, then you will get MagicBands so that you can charge items and souvenirs on your MagicBand compared to breaking out your credit card. Make sure you do have your ID with you for alcoholic drinks and to show if you charge something. And if you want to carry cash with you please take that along with you.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Autograph Books & Pens – Don’t leave your autograph books & pens in the room. Carry them in the bag with you.
- Medications – This is important that you bring medications with you.
- Snacks – Bring with you snacks for the kids or even for you. I know that we bring several in for Olivia and she enjoys them while either on the bus, waiting for a ride or just when she is complaining she’s hungry and it’s not time for our meal.
- MagicBands – must not leave without these! These are your key to get into your room, for your dining plan, your tickets to get into the parks and more.
I’m sure there are more things that I always make sure we have but these are some of the important things we always carry with us! Message me to book your trip to Walt Disney World or Disneyland!